How Identity Fraud Affects You
Huge data breaches grab headlines. But identity thieves don’t just target big businesses.
They try to swipe your personal and financial information using:
- Social media
- Phone calls
- Credit card skimmers
- Theft of physical documents
Identity fraud could cost you money and cause trouble when you apply for loans. That’s why we offer Identity Fraud Expense Coverage with Resolution Services.
How the Coverage and Resolution Services Work
- You can add Identity Fraud Expense Coverage to your homeowners policy.
- Coverage is automatically included at no additional charge with all Pekin Life Insurance Company policies including Medicare Supplement and Voluntary Life.
- We transfer you to an identity fraud specialist with our partners at CyberScout,® America’s premier provider of identity services.
- Your personal identity fraud specialist offers unlimited help until your problem is resolved.
What an Identity Fraud Specialist Does for You
- Proactive services if your wallet or purse is lost or stolen or you suspect your identity has been compromised. Your identity fraud specialist places a free identity fraud alert, when appropriate, and offers guidance on the latest scams.
- Resolution services to help you stop fraudulent bills and charges, work with government agencies and creditors, prepare notification materials, and sign up for one year of free fraud monitoring services.
- Document replacement assistance to help replace lost, stolen, or destroyed documents, including Social Security cards, birth certificates, passports, and driver’s licenses.