Workers Compensation Insurance
How do I file a claim?
All workers’ compensation claims must be reported via our call center at 1-888-Pekin-11 (735-4611).
How are claims handled?
Our team of specialists average 18 years of experience in the insurance industry. The claims are triaged as low or high risk and by jurisdiction for specialist expertise.
What Cost Containment Programs are offered?
- Bill Review Through Corvel
- Pharmacy First Fill and Pharmacy Review Program Through Corvel
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Telephonic and Onsite Full Nurse Case Management
- Early Return to Work Programs
- Vocational Rehabilitation
Accident Investigation Tips
How can I make the accident investigation process more efficient?
- Complete an internal Supervisor Accident Investigation Form. (Included in the Toolkit.)
- Secure a statement from the injured employee.
- Secure a statement from all witnesses.
- Take photos of the scene, especially if it is an incident involving a fall.
- If the incident involves machinery, record the make, model, and serial number. Take photos of the machine, i.e. saws, drills, etc. Check with your claim specialist before using any of these items following the incident.
- If the incident involves ladders, scaffolding, lifts, etc., take photos that include make, model, and safety stickers. Check with your claim specialist before using any of the items following the incident.
- Send photos to your claim specialist with the first report of injury or soon thereafter.
- Subcontractors should send your claim specialist a copy of your contract with the General Contractor.
Dealing With Fraud
How are fraudulent claims handled?
Our specialists also work very closely with our own Special Investigations Unit using predictive analytics to identify and strategically handle fraudulent claims.
What if I suspect fraud?
If you believe insurance fraud is being or has been committed, speak up! Your contact information is not required.
You can call the NICB Hotline at 800-TEL-NICB (800-835-6422), staffed Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST. Cell phone users can text the keyword “FRAUD” and their tip to TIP411 (847411). Plus, iPhone or iPad users can download the NICB Fraud Tips app to make it easy to quickly send a tip and get a response. You may also refer to the links below for reporting.
Workers Compensation Toolkits
Where can I find more information?
Choose your state below, and feel free to use these helpful resources.
Arizona (Download Toolkit)
Illinois (Download Toolkit)
Indiana (Download Toolkit)
Iowa (Download Toolkit)
Wisconsin (Download Toolkit)
Give us a call at 1-800-322-0160, Extension 2672.