Organizing Your Treasured Memories Through Scrapbooking
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but there is not much being said if they are stored in a box somewhere. Learning to scrapbook is easy and a great way to display all those photos from special moments in your life. You’ll also create a treasured keepsake of memories for generations to come.
If you’re new to scrapbooking, here are some easy tips to get started:
1. SET UP A WORKPLACE AREA – Find an area in your house that can be dedicated to scrapbooking. You could set it up on the dining room table, but you would have to continuously put it away so you could serve dinner. Find a place that allows you to leave your materials readily accessible and organized.
2. SELECT PHOTOS – Take time to organize your photos before you begin to scrapbook. It will make it a lot easier and save time, too. Pick a theme for your album such as birthday, wedding, holiday, vacation, etc. Organizing photos by life events and dates is a great way to start.
3. GATHER SUPPLIES – Your first trip to a scrapbook store may seem a bit overwhelming. It’s best not to go overboard. Keep it simple. Make a list and stick to it. Your list should include a photo album, page protectors, patterned paper, card stock, adhesive, embellishments, scissors, paper trimmer, and pens.
4. DESIGN YOUR PAGES – Focus on the layout of your pages. The first page is your title page. This lets everyone know what your album is about. The rest of your layouts are two pages side by side. Then you can embellish as much or as little as you like. Be careful not to overdo it. Make your pictures the focus of your album. Use your imagination when picking out the items that interest you.
5. JOURNAL – This is where you explain what is going on or who is in the photos. You can write down a key phrase or a poem that fits the situation. You may want to include a story or two. These will provide an avenue for documenting memories that otherwise might be forgotten.
As you learn scrapbooking and gain experience, you will discover that scrapbooking is a fun, relaxing hobby that allows you to be creative, preserve memories, and organize your photos at the same time. It’s something that you can enjoy year round. Plus, your family and friends will enjoy the albums you put together.
Specialty CSR II