Renters insurance is extremely affordable—as in dollars a day (if that!). Your landlord carries coverage on the building you live in, but your personal belongings and your liability for accidents are up to you to insure. Here’s what Renters Insurance from Pekin Insurance covers, including our enhanced coverages which are available with the purchase of the “Deluxe” endorsement:
- Personal Belongings—If your place is destroyed by a fire, tornado, other insured disaster, or even if they are stolen, this portion of your policy will cover your furniture, clothes, and other personal items. But here’s the great part … it isn’t just limited to your home. This will protect your belongings anywhere in the world. You’ll want to keep a home inventory of all you own for easier claims handling.
- Additional Living Expense—Sometimes you have to relocate if your home has been destroyed due to damage from a fire, storm, or other insured disaster. This pays the costs of living away from home, covering hotel bills, restaurant meals, and other living expenses incurred while your home is being rebuilt.
- Liability Protection—This coverage protects you and your resident family members from liability lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage you cause—anywhere in the world. It also pays for damage caused by your pets.
- Medical Payments—No-fault medical coverage is also an important coverage option because if a friend or neighbor is injured in your apartment, he or she can simply submit medical bills to Pekin Insurance. This ensures expenses are paid without a liability claim being filed against you.
- Deluxe Endorsement—For the most comprehensive coverage, you will want to add the Deluxe endorsement package which includes: 1) replacement cost on contents, 2) $15,000 identity fraud expense coverage, 3) $1,000 refrigerated property coverage, 4) personal injury liability coverage, 5) water back-up coverage, 6) lock and garage door transmitter coverage if keys or transmitters are lost or stolen.
- Additional Endorsements—Special coverages are also available for canine/feline protection.
See what Pekin Insurance can do for you.