Mobile Home Insurance
Mobile and manufactured homes also have their own unique coverage options. Accidents and damages can even happen in homes that are well cared for, so you want to make sure you are protected financially and your personal belongings can be replaced should you ever have to file a claim.
Check out some of the mobile and manufactured home coverages we offer at Pekin Insurance, including our enhanced coverages which are available with the purchase of the “Deluxe” endorsement.
- The Structure of Your Home—This pays to repair or rebuild your home if it is damaged or destroyed by fire, tornado, hail, lightning, or other disaster listed in your policy. It will not pay for damage caused by a flood, earthquake (unless endorsement is purchased), or routine wear and tear.
- Other Structures—Most standard policies also cover structures that are detached from your home such as a garage, tool shed, or gazebo. Generally, these structures are covered for about 10% of the amount of insurance you have on the structure of your home. If you need more coverage, talk to your Pekin Insurance agent.
- Personal Belongings—A good home inventory will go a long way in helping you claim your personal belongings. This includes your furniture, clothes, and other personal items. Should they be stolen or destroyed by fire, tornado, or other insured disaster, your policy will cover them … even if it happens off-premises. That means under most circumstances, your belongings are covered anywhere in the world.
- Additional Living Expense—Having to relocate because of damage from a fire, storm, or other insured disaster, can be expensive. This pays the costs of living away from home, covering hotel bills, restaurant meals, and other living expenses incurred while your home is being rebuilt.
- Liability Protection—This coverage protects you and your resident family members from lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage you are found legally liable for—anywhere in the world. It also pays for damage caused by your pets.
- Medical Payments—No-fault medical coverage ensures any expenses from a friend or neighbor being injured in your home will be paid—without a liability claim filed against you.
- Watercraft Liability Coverage—Automatically included at no extra charge for all outboard motors 100 hp or less.
- Contingent Workers Compensation Coverage (Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa only)—If you hire someone to work at your home (mow the lawn, clean out the gutters, etc.) and he or she becomes injured, your Pekin Insurance Manufactured Homeowners Policy will provide the necessary Workers Compensation coverage at no extra charge.
- Deluxe Endorsement—The most comprehensive coverage for your mobile or manufactured home is the Deluxe endorsement package which includes: 1) replacement cost on contents, 2) equipment breakdown coverage [accidental breakdown of air conditioner, water heater, furnace, etc.], 3) $15,000 identity fraud expenses, 4) $1,000 refrigerated property coverage, 5) tree, shrub, and plant debris removal from storms, 6) personal injury liability coverage, 7) water back-up coverage, 8) up to 125% of replacement cost for dwelling, 9) lock and garage door transmitter coverage if keys or transmitters are lost or stolen.
- Additional Endorsements—Special coverages are also available for canine/feline protection and water and wastewater line coverage should you need them.
See what Pekin Insurance can do for you.