Insurance fraud is a problem that affects everyone. Reports show between 10% to 25% of all insurance claims nationwide involve some type of fraud. This fraud cost Americans an estimated $30 billion per year. Insurance fraud is wrong and is a crime in most states. It directly impacts you by increasing our cost, which can result in higher premiums.
Pekin Insurance is committed to the fight against fraud, and you are a valuable resource. Please be vigilant and make a report whenever you suspect insurance fraud.
WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO MAKE A REPORT?
In order to fully investigate your allegation, we will need as much of the following information as you can provide:
- Your name. (You may choose to remain anonymous.)
- Name of the person or entity suspected of being fraudulent, including the address if known.
- Your description of the allegation. Include as much detail as possible.
- Date(s) of service and claim number(s) in question.
- Your telephone number or email address and if we may contact you.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOUR ALLEGATION IS REPORTED?
All reports of suspected insurance fraud will be fully investigated by our Special Investigations Unit. If you provided contact information, you may be contacted for additional information. Your identity will be kept confidential.
FIGHTING INSURANCE FRAUD
WHAT IS INSURANCE FRAUD AND HOW DOES IT AFFECT ME?
Insurance Fraud is the act of falsifying the facts of a claim or accident to an insurance company to obtain a benefit or payment that would not otherwise be made. Common types of insurance fraud are staged accidents, exaggerated injuries, inflated medical bills, inflating personal theft claims, and exaggerating storm damages.
WHAT IS PEKIN INSURANCE’S SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS UNIT?
Pekin Insurance has a dedicated Special Investigations Unit (SIU) whose sole mission is to identify, investigate, fight, deter and defeat insurance fraud.
WHAT DOES SIU DO?
- Investigates potential fraudulent activity.
- Cooperates with local, state, and federal law enforcement to pursue and prosecute perpetrators of insurance fraud to the full extent of the law. SIU frequently cooperates with the law enforcement community to help put fraud perpetrators out of business.
- Educates Pekin Insurance’s claim representatives to look for “red flags” or indicators that fraud might be occurring. SIU keeps them up to date on the latest insurance fraud schemes so they have the knowledge and power to defeat it.
Need to Report a Fraud Claim?
Click here to report fraud or make your report by calling us at (888) 97-PEKIN.